“If you have a brain, you have bias” – how do you feel about this statement? What might happen if we all learned more about the ways our brains are wired for bias… and how we can use emotional intelligence to DISRUPT those automatic ways of unintentionally devaluing some people or ideas?
Join this interactive “EQ Café” to practice emotional intelligence together, and explore our brains’ biases, and how those lead us to bad decisions, to divide people — and to unintentionally continue racism.
- What: Free interactive workshop
- Language: English
- When: 12 September 2020, 9.00 a.m. – 10.30 a.m. (Vietnam time – UTC +7:00)
- Zoom: Please register to receive a zoom link to attend
- Facilitator: My Holland, CEO – EQuest Asia
In this Café we will discover:
- What “bias” means and common ways our brains are wired to skew our thinking
- How these subtle forms of bias play out and can lead us to continue racism, sexism, and other “-ism”
- How we can use emotional intelligence to shift gears and re-evaluate to disrupt bias
Are you attending EQ cafe for the first time? EQ Cafés are insightful, fun sessions for people curious about emotional intelligence to connect and learn together. Normally Cafeés are in-person, but at this time, many people around the world are in a challenging situation where they can’t meet together… so we’ve created this virtual-café to support people to keep connected and keep practicing emotional intelligence.
Hope to see you there and feel free to invite others to register as well!