Is your organisation struggling with busyness, stress, burnout, low morale and poor concentration? To remain competitive, organisations need to embed a capacity to continuously improve workplace performance.
|80% of employees are disengaged and 50% are unhappy- leading to lower productivity, innovation, and wellbeing. (Gallup worldwide survey, 2014).
10 days lost due to absenteeism per employee per year. Cost $3,200 per employee. (Source: Direct Health Solutions).
58 days lost due to presenteeism; 3 working months per annum. (Source: Gallup Wellbeing Index).
65% of Australian middle managers rate their own leadership ability as average (AIM, 2013).
80% of employees would work harder if their efforts are recognised (Gallup, 2014)
|We are offering 2 leadership workshops in Sydney to accelerate your success. Choose one or both depending on your availability.
Early bird by 29 August
Discounts for Team booking and for Leading Happy Workplace Conference attendees.
Morning: Leading with emotional Intelligence: unlock your potential
Time: 9:30 – 12:30
Afternoon: Leading with Positive engagement: focusing on what matters to employees
Time: 2:00pm – 5:00pm
Date: Tuesday 27th September 2016.
Venue: Alliance Française
Conference room 13th Floor 257 Clarence St,
Sydney NSW 2000
Discount and workshop package
Early bird (by 29th August), Bring a colleague: 1 session: $342 (excl gst). 2 sessions: $630 (excl gst).
Leading Happy Workplace Conference attendees: 1 session: $266 (excl. gst) and 2 session $490 (excl. gst).
General admission 1 session: $380 (excl. gst). 2 sessions $700 (excl. gst)
Investment and Workshop package
Each person receives a ½ day or full day of inspiring leadership skills with training materials as well as a Complimentary Happiness at Work survey with a debrief.
French food can be purchased at the Alliance Francaise café in the same building. Lunch can be preordered to avoid queue. Bon appetit! There are plenty of cafes around the area.
Objectives for both workshops:
- To make the business case for a positive approach to organisational change
- To provide a framework for achieving extraordinary organisational performance
- To provide several practical tools and techniques for leaders to use in unlocking the highest potential of employees.
- Empower ourselves to thrive in the face of ever-increasing stress and change.
- Creating a workplace where people thrive
Interactive activities, video, small group discussions, and the presentation of current research findings will characterise the workshops.
- Create a more positive culture
- Communicate more powerfully
- Become a more inspirational leader
- Connect better with staff, colleagues and communities
Who should attend?
- Leaders and managers
- High potential individuals aspiring to a influential and inspiring leadership role
- Anyone who wants to learn about foundations for personal success and optimal performance, for themselves or others.
- Anyone seeking professional development and self growth
This course will be facilitated by My Holland. My is trained in Neuroscience, Positive Neuroplasticity, Positive Psychology and is a qualified assessor in Emotional Intelligence and Happiness at Work. Her formal academic background includes a MBA (USA), MA (France). She focuses on practical tools you can bring back to the workplace or home.
Morning Session: Leading with emotional Intelligence: unlock your potential
The workplace is an emotional setting. Every day, we have to deal with colleagues or clients who are happy, sad, angry, frustrated, driven, unmotivated. The workplace is an emotional rollercoaster where decisions and relationships are driven by emotions. Emotional Intelligence can be a powerful predictor of our personal and professional success, and by understanding the science of communication, you will find new ways to harness your own emotions, and those of others, resulting in an improvement in decision making, behaviour, and performance. How well do we use our emotional intelligence capacities as we engage with others?
The session will explore:
- Why is understanding and developing EQ necessary in the workplace?
- How does EQ impact on sustainable performance and can it be developed?
- How are emotions essential to productive relationships at work?
- How do successful leaders leverage an understanding of EQ to drive performance?
Afternoon Session: Leading with Positive engagement: focusing on what matters to employees
Positive leadership is about leveraging emotional intelligence insights to boost the effectiveness of our working relationships. We will explore the critical elements which contribute to an engaging leadership style.
This workshop will help leaders in organisations learn why positive leadership is more effective than problem-solving leadership, how they can enhance engagement and performance in employees, and what unique tools and techniques are available to foster performance that dramatically exceeds the norm.
Harness the power of positivity and take the success of your team to new levels.
The session will explore
- How to harness the power of emotions in the workplace
- How to leverage positive engagement and tap into productivity gains
Become the leader others choose to follow. Harness the power of positivity and take the success of your team to new levels.